Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Vintage Tag: Soar & Take Flight

This is my first vintage tag I created and I'm really happy out it turned out. I have lots of techniques happening here so let me walk you through them.

Pictured Above: I painted my tag with white acrylic paint and let it dry; then I applied crackle medium and let it dry; and then applied the rose garden paint on top.

Here's a close up of the crackle finish. I love how the white peaks through the rose to give it that weathered wood look. Imagine all the color combinations that are possible....soooo exciting!!!


Since I was on a role with the paint, I painted the butterfly chip board in white and then had an "a ha" moment. Let's wet emboss with black embossing powder!! I love how the lacquered look of the embossing against the matted white background look - I'm going to have to do that again! I also used a product called Diamond Dust which is vintage glitter glass shreds all around the tag - it looks like rock sugar. I love Tim Holtz and used one of his adage tickets which I distressed with his edger and brown ink. I framed the side with vintage lace trim and tide some pink fibers with twine.


Last but not least, I had to put my dimensional flowers on there. I love how they pop and shimmer. To frame the flower, I used floral leaves from the wedding section at Michael's which I inked the edges in brown and misted with gold Perfect Pearls. Give these techniques a try on your next project - they're super fun! Thanks for stopping by :)



2 comments:

Esther

Wow! You have been a busy girl! Awesome work. Really love seeing all you have been doing!

Unknown

I totally love this card!

Post a Comment